Jobs at Star of Hope
Star of Hope works with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, whether it's residential caregiving, training, teaching, or on-site support.
Below are positions that are currently available. If you are interested in applying, simply use the application form located below, or you can come to our Office located at 657 Newmark Ave. in Coos Bay during regular business hours between 8am-4pm Monday - Friday.
Star of Hope is always accepting applications for substitute staff to work in our Group Homes, Community Supports Program, and in our Employment Department as Job Coaches.
Can work up to 40 hours
Starts at $11.50/hour
657 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, OR 97420
You can use the application form below, or come in to fill out a physical application at the above address.
If you have any questions, please call 541-888-8893.
Behavior Professional and Agency Trainer
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL - RESIDENTIAL
Star of Hope is looking for applicants for Full Time Direct Support Professional positions
Non-Behavior/Non-Delegated Positions start at $11.82-$16.21 hr. DOE
*Delegated Pay starts at $13.23 hr
All positions include Medical & Dental Benefits,
Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, and AFLAC.
657 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, OR 97420
Jobs Posted 5/29/20
We are looking for a creative, growth-oriented, and compassionate Behavior Professional and Agency Trainer to be a member of a collaborative team assessing and individual's behavior support needs. Primary functions include developing a Functional Behavioral Assessment and a Positive Behavior Support Plan for each supported individual, ensuring these plans are effective and appropriate, and adjusting the plans as required. This position is also responsible for training staff in plan requirements as well as conducting new employee orientation, core competencies, Oregon Intervention System, computer systems, software, and agency policies and procedures.
1. Possess a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in psychology, sociology, human services, education, social work, or equivalent, AND three years of experience using positive behavior support services with individuals who experience intellectual or developmental disabilities.
2. OR A minimum of six years of experience performing professional behavior services using positive behavior support services prior to January 1,2021.
3. Current registration with State of Oregon as a Behavior Professional and Oregon Intervention System Instructor OR ability to obtain and maintain these qualifications.
4. Background in training and group facilitation.
5. Successfully pass a State and Federal criminal background check upon hire and a re-check every two years.
6. Possess a valid Oregon driver's license and pass a driving record screening.
7. Successful completion and submission of all required assurances and tests withing the time frames noted in the "Personnel Records" section of the SOH Employee Handbook.
8. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds. Frequent, daily squatting, bending, and stooping.
9. Must be able to engage and maintain Oregon Intervention System (OIS) approved restraints for one (1) hour of less.
10. Regular flexible schedule to include all three shifts for purposes of staff training, observation, support, ect.
11. Work overtime as assigned to provide necessary staffing 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day.
12. Must be able to travel which may include over nights.
1. Dynamic and creative Leader
2. Excellent interpersonal skills
3. Exceptional planing and organizational skills
4. Outstanding writing skills
5. Effective problem-solving skills
6. able to work with minimal supervision
7. Work well with a variety of personalities
8. Coping skills for stressful situations
9. Maintain positive attitude
10. Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods;and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
11. Knowledge of diverse cultural (religious and ethnic) backgrounds, and how that can affect social interactions and learning
12. Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics
13. Knowledge of computer skills to be able to utilize standard office and specialized software programs for documentation and communication with supervisors and coworkers.
14. skill in working with combative, unpredictable, argumentative, and/or aggressive individuals with developmental disabilities who may be a danger to themselves and others
15. skill in complex problem solving to identify problems and related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
16. Skill in teaching others how to perform new tasks, new procedures, or new responsibilities
19. Skill in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines
20. Skill in communication effectively with other agency staff, family members of clients, client providers, and staff and community partners.
21. Skill in evaluation the effectiveness of plans and activities and in recommending changes for improvement
1. Serve as Agency Behavior Professional with all associated duties as determined by the position requirements indicated by the Administrative Rules of the State of Oregon and in collaboration with the Star of Hope Behavior Team.
2. Conduct all Agency Training in collaboration with the Star of Hope Training Team; leading, developing, documenting, and tracking all requirements for 170 agency employees.
Apply with Resume and Cover Letter to:
657 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, Oregon 97420
657 Newmark Ave
If you are interested in applying for a position with Star of Hope, please fill out this online application in full (write N/A for any field which is not applicable). If chosen for employment, a physical application will also need to be filled out.
PLEASE NOTE - Star of Hope requires each applicant to:
1. Pass a Criminal History Check (NOTE - Individuals with certain criminal history listings may be ineligible for hire, please review the list by clicking here for potentially disqualifying listings)
2. Possess a valid Oregon Driver License having no more than two violations in a three year period.
3. Have a GED or High School Diploma or two years experience in the field to substitute.
4. Supply at least three verifiable employment references (below). If you do not have three verifiable employment references, please list 3 personal non-family references that have known you at least two years.
5. You are required to have a pre-employment drug screening.
6. You must be able to lift 70 pounds.
7. You must be available to work swing (afternoon-evening) and graveyard (overnight) shifts.
If you have any questions, please call us at 541-888-8893 between 8am-4pm (Pacific) Monday - Friday