Star of Hope cultivates a culture of caring as we work towards the dignity and support of all Star of Hope Team Members. With a mission of promoting independence, productivity, and integration, our employees have a fun and dynamic work environment in 17 programs across Coos and Curry Counties.
Star of Hope provides an opportunity to build a rewarding career with a living wage, excellent benefits and a supportive and fulfilling workplace. Our employees provide supports in residential programs, job coaching, and activities programs. To apply, simply fill out the contact form below or stop by our administrative office
Administration in Coos Bay (open 8am-4pm): 657 Newmark Avenue, Coos Bay
Administration in Brookings (open 8am-4pm): 425 Mill Beach Road, Building 7, Brookings
We have openings in Coos Bay, North Bend, Gold Beach, and Brookings.
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
(Residential Program Staff)
Star of Hope is actively recruiting full-time Direct Support Professionals. These residential staff positions provide supports which include coaching in daily living, personal goal attainment, and fun activities! We have individuals requiring an array of supports from residents who live independently to those requiring personal care or behavior supports. We have extensive training for all positions.
Pay in homes without medical/behavior supports:
$14.50 to $19.49
Pay in homes with medical/behavior supports:
$15.50 to $20.49
All positions include Medical & Dental Benefits,
Generous Paid Time Off, and Sick Pay.
Substitute Staff are scheduled in residential, community supports, and supported employment programs. Substitute hours vary and can be up to 40 hours/week. This is an excellent opportunity to "get your foot in the door" and develop a career path with Star of Hope!
Pay starts at $14.00 with guaranteed step increases based on hours worked
Benefits include Medical/Dental following an average of 30 hours
worked for more than 60 days and Oregon Sick Time accrual.
This position works as a member of an administrative team providing support within an organization serving adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Basic functions of this position include assisting the Finance Director in all aspects of the Finance Department.
High School Diploma or GED is necessary; Associate’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent in experience.
2. Five years of experience in an accounts payable/receivable role; preference for experience with Sage 300 accounting software, Microsoft Excel, good organization and time management skills.
3. Successfully pass a State and Federal criminal background check upon hire and a re check every two years.
4. Possess a valid Oregon driver’s license and pass a driving record screening. 5. Successful completion and submission of all required assurances and tests within the time frames noted in the “Personnel Records” section of the SOH Employee Handbook. 6. Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Pay Range $17.00 to $24.00 per hour
Position include Medical & Dental Benefits,
Generous Paid Time Off, and Sick Pay.
Online Application Form
PLEASE NOTE - Star of Hope requires each applicant to:
1. Pass a Criminal History Check (NOTE - Individuals with certain criminal history listings may be ineligible for hire, please review the list by clicking here for potentially disqualifying listings).
2. Possess a valid Oregon Driver License having no more than two violations in a three year period.
3. Have a GED or High School Diploma or two years experience in the field to substitute.
4. Supply at least three verifiable employment references or 3 personal non-family references that have known you at least two years.
5. Pre-employment drug screening.
6. Eligibility for a "full duty" status.
7. Availability for day, swing, or overnight (awake) shifts.
Please call 541-888-8893 for questions and/or additional information